This is the official website for the North Middlesex Regional High School building project. It is updated regularly with the latest information about the project and its current status. Have a question for the committee? Submit your questions and feedback directly to the committee. »
Attention: The list of approved general contractors and register of responders are available for review. View »
Our next meeting is August 10, 2015 at the high school at 5:00 p.m. An agenda will be published as we get closer to the meeting.
A couple items of interest from the past week:
- CORI process continues
- CTA continues to move top soil and prep the site for the following:
- Temporary parking area along the Porter Road entrance
- Temporary bus drop off in the front of the building
- Tree removal in the front of the current HS and within the footprint of the new high school.
- Top soil removal from within the new building footprint
- All top soil is being stored on site or at the Powell facility in Lunenburg. Heery personnel are tracking soil movement on/off site and monitoring the storage of soil off site including photo documentation and inspection.
- Finish abatement of the former central office building
- The weekly project meeting was held on 7/14/2015 and was well attended by CTA, Heery, SMMA, the Superintendent and Rob Templeton.
Change Order Committee – met on July 17, 2015 to discuss process for change order review and recommendation to the full building committee. The committee also reviewed items that have been reviewed by SMMA and Heery regarding the construction plans. These were items proactively reviewed by the designer and listed as potential informational items, credit items or potential change order items. The designer and Heery have a strategy for reviewing these with the contractor and the change order committee will review and bring these forward to the full building committee as appropriate. As an FYI – Heide M. has agreed to be the chair for the committee.
Brief look ahead for the coming week includes:
- Unsuitable excavations begin week of July 20
- Prep and move fill for parking area and bus loop
- Acquire demo permit
- Prep for asphalt in parking area and bus loop
- Demolition and clean-up of former Central Office building (White House)
- Stump removal
- Remove asphalt within footprint of new building location
- Finish removing curbing
- Begin temporary sidewalks south of the school
- Temporary parking spaces near main entrance
- Begin drainage north end of site