This is the official website for the North Middlesex Regional High School building project. It is regularly updated with the latest information about the project, its current status, and photos of the progress. Have a question for the committee? Submit your questions and feedback online. »
Attention: Due to construction activities, athletic fields for different sports will be reallocated during the multiple phases of the project. View the updated Field Schedule [PDF] »
Our next meeting will be held on Monday, December 5, 2016, at the high school at 5:00 PM. Agenda items will be included in a future update.
Maintenance Building Update – During the building committee meeting on October 25, 2016, the committee reviewed three options to address the required renovation of the existing 2-bay garage on the current high school property. The building committee agreed that renovating the existing 2-bay garage was the most economical option. The options were reviewed during the school committee meeting on November 21, 2016. The school committee decided to move forward with the renovation option for a vote during the April/May 2017 Annual Town Meeting in all three member towns.
Artificial Turf Field Update – During the building committee meeting on October 25, 2016, the committee discussed the possibility of adding an artificial turf field to the athletic upgrades for the project. An evaluation of the costs, long term maintenance, potential health concerns and usage needs will be conducted over the next two months. A preliminary discussion will occur at the school committee meeting on December 5, 2016, with a formal presentation and potential vote during the school committee meeting on January 8, 2016. If the school committee decides to move forward with adding an artificial turf field, the decision would then be brought to a vote during the April/May 2017 Annual Town Meeting in all three member towns.
Note – for both the maintenance building and artificial turf field – it is the building committee’s intent that the funds to cover these items would come from cost savings realized during the current high school building project and would not have an additional impact on our member towns.
Excellent progress is occurring on the high school building project site. Concrete work continues on the main stairs in the common area and seating area of the auditorium. Drywall work continues in the building and has progressed to the humanities wing of the building. Painting of the STEM classrooms and hallways has begun.
The exterior masonry work continues with the majority of the brickwork complete on the first floor of the STEM and humanities wing while the porcelain panels are being installed on the second floor above the brickwork. The installation of the metal panels continues on the parapet walls surrounding the fly-loft and surrounding the library/media center. The metal panel installation on the east side of the fly-loft is nearing completion and can be viewed from 119 as you drive by the building.
Items being worked during the week of 11 /28 include:
- Complete brick on southwest pier
- Complete taping and sanding walls in A-1 and A-2 west side
- Complete 1st coat walls priming B-1 / B-2 frames
- Continue hanging drywall A-1 south and A-1 east / taping auditorium
- MEP rough auditorium / A and C Building and mechanical space
- Insulation MEP (all floors and buildings)
- Installing MEP finishes D Building and B 2nd floor
- Ceiling grid corridor B-1/C-2 science rooms
- Framing of the interior walls/ interior wood blocking on C-1 commons and auditorium
- Continue insulation of MEP in all buildings
- Installing insulation/girts ACM, Porcelain and Morin panels
- Continue interior and exterior caulking
- Continue MEP finishes in D Building both floors
- Continue layout B Building and mobilize for casework D-2
- Form /rebar and place concrete stairs in common stairs and auditorium
- Installing flashing at RTU units
- Installing fascia metal
- Installing metal panels Building E and roof monitors
- Mobilize and start water connection at north end of existing school