This is the official website for the North Middlesex Regional High School building project. It is regularly updated with the latest information about the project, its current status, and photos of the progress. Have a question for the committee? Submit your questions and feedback online. »
Attention: Due to construction activities, athletic fields for different sports will be reallocated during the multiple phases of the project. View the updated Field Schedule [PDF] »
Our next meeting will be held on Monday, February 6, 2017, at the high school at 5:00 PM. Agenda items include the FF&E bid results.
Public Forums have been scheduled for February 28 and March 23 at 7:00 PM in the high school auditorium to provide members of the community with an opportunity to ask questions regarding adding an artificial turf field to the high school building project. We hope all community stakeholders will attend these important forums.
Maintenance Building Update – During the building committee meeting on October 25, 2016, the committee reviewed three options to address the required renovation of the existing 2-bay garage on the current high school property. The building committee agreed that renovating the existing 2-bay garage was the most economical option. The options were reviewed during the school committee meeting on November 21, 2016. The school committee decided to move forward with the renovation option for a vote during the April/May 2017 Annual Town Meeting in all three member towns.
Artificial Turf Field Update – During the building committee meeting on October 25, 2016, the committee discussed the possibility of adding an artificial turf field to the athletic upgrades for the project. An evaluation of the costs, long term maintenance, potential health concerns and usage needs were conducted over the next two months. A preliminary discussion/presentation occurred at the school committee meeting on December 5, 2016, followed by a formal presentation during the school committee meeting on January 9, 2017. During the school committee meeting on January 9th, the committee voted to bring a warrant article to the upcoming Annual Town Meeting to add an artificial turf field to the high school building project. The article will be brought to a vote during the April/May 2017 Annual Town Meeting in all three member towns.
Note – for both the maintenance building and artificial turf field – it is the building committee’s intent that the funds to cover these items would come from cost savings realized during the current high school building project and would not have an additional impact on our member towns.
Excellent progress continues on the high school building project site. Concrete work is complete on the main stairs in the common area and seating area of the auditorium. Drywall work continues and is complete in many areas of the building. Painting of the classrooms and hallways is also underway with tile work in the hallways and flooring installation in the classrooms. The masonry work in the gym and locker rooms is almost complete.
The exterior masonry work continues with the majority of the brickwork complete – work continues on a few exterior columns. The installation of the metal panels is complete on parapet walls surrounding the fly-loft and surrounding the library/media center with trim and finish detail work on-going.
Work ongoing the week of February 6:
- Complete masonry in E building locker room
- Complete drywall in E building locker rooms
- Hanging drywall on gym walls
- Complete taping kitchen soffit
- Continue taping and sanding in C and E buildings
- MEP rough in auditorium / A /E and C buildings and mechanical space
- Continue installing doors and hardware in D building
- Continue installing marker and tack boards/ install lockers
- Continue install of elevator
- Complete porcelain tile corridor B-2 and continue corridors B-1
- Layout and start kitchen quarry tile
- Complete frame and glazing CW 13 and start CW 21 frame
- Continue interior SF and glazing in C building
- Installing ACM, porcelain panels in E building and installing phenolic soffits west elevation
- Installing VCT classrooms- science rooms B-1
- Continue ceiling grid in A and C buildings
- Insulation of MEP in all areas
- Installing MEP finishes in B and A buildings
- Continue rigging in auditorium
- Continue interior and exterior caulking
- Complete science rooms B-1- set countertops and install finishes
- Continue polished concrete in D building
- Startup of RTUs in D building
- Complete OH Work to complete list on Procore- D building